this sandwich came to me, like an ethereal vision during the 9th k of my first full length 10k practice run. one short trip to whole foods and like 20 bucks later, there it was in the flesh. ready for saucy carnage. I guess the takeaways here are dream big and gorge in solitude.
I call this my 10k Santa Fe
order is very important here so pay attention
1. bread w mayo*
2. tomato slices w salt and pepper
3. smear of salsa fresca
4. leaf lettuce
5. dry rubbed, thick cut bacon fried crispy
6. avocado slices drizzled with lemon juice
7. a few squiggles of Valentina’s
8. garlic lemon chilli smoked salt marinated, pan-grilled free range chicken breast**
9. bread with mayo and mustard
* two slices in the same toaster slot, then toasted side faces IN to the sandwich. this gives it structural integrity against the sauce and tomatoes and no jagged edges against mouth roof
** smash the breast down so it’s all the same thickness, put it in a Tupperware and rub with olive oil, smoked salt, juice of 1/4 lemon, chilli powder, minced garlic. marinate for like 5 min then throw it in a skillet on med-high, with all the garlic bits. grill til it’s nicely browned, flip, repeat. then put it down to low til it’s cooked through.
basquavita knows whats up